"The Great Restorative” is how homeopathy has been described, since its creation.
If the removal of symptoms is not followed by a restoration to health, it cannot be called a cure.
“Like Cures Like.” is the #1 law of homeopathy.
Anything a medicine can cause in the way of symptoms, the same medicine can remove (cure) those symptoms.
Homeopathy is a system of medicine founded on a definite law ‘Similia Similibus Curantur’ which means ‘like cures like’. The word Homeopathy is a Greek derivation where ‘homeos’ means ‘similar and pathos means ‘suffering’. So Homeopathy may be defined as the therapeutic method of symptom-similarity. The recognition of this law was there even before Hahnemann. Paracelus, Hippocrates, and ancient ayurvedic texts have on occasions mentioned this law. But it was Hahnemann who recognized the universality of this law and lifted it from oblivion to make it the basis of a complete system of medicine.
As new homeopathic remedies are discovered is referred to as a homeopathic proving. Provings are performed on healthy individuals called provers. A number of provers take a newly prepared homeopathic remedy, and their symptoms are collectively analysed to build the foundations of the new remedy picture.
Hahnemann, the founder of homeopathy, devised this proving method in the 18th century. His provings used a small number of provers, focused on all planes, physical, mental and emotional.
Nevertheless these provings still provide the basis for our materia medica.
Many have tried to categorize dreams as being part of a remedy picture.
Dream are not a ‘remedy’ proving but a symptom of a law of homeopathy of that which is suppressed, either chemically by medications, through heritage (parental during utero, or miasmatic, which is passed down through the generations), or through trauma’s that have been hidden within our psyche.
All disease in the process of cure that it is ‘within’, must surface, it must come ‘without’ in order to be fully healed, this is most definitely aligned to Jungian thought, so a dream is an expression of healing, a bringing back of the wound, to experience wellness.
As one becomes healthier and more balanced their dreams and spirit become more active and clear, when one is in a state where they’re vital force.
All parts suffer when the Vital Force (immunity) is struggling to regain balance. A proving is created by ‘one’ remedy, and as it is taken the symptoms are categorized in the (materia medica).
Multiple remedies (packaged remedies), is not homeopathy, it is called poly-pharmacy and there is no ability to study it as it’s own category, as only one remedy is given to a client, only one remedy is ‘like treating like’.
To give an example of one of our great Alzheimer’s remedies (please never treat without being under a professionals consult, as management is the most important part of the cure process.
In the original proving of Alumina (oxide of aluminum) by Hahnemann, there were eleven provers including Hahnemann himself. Altogether, they reported 1,161 different symptoms! A tiny sampling follows:
• She cannot see blood nor a knife without horrible thoughts pressing in upon her, as if she should commit suicide though she has the greatest horror of it.
• A numb feeling in the head as if his consciousness was outside of his body; when he says anything, he feels as if another person had said it; and when he sees anything, as if another person had seen it, or as if he could transfer himself into another, and only then could see.
• Vertigo even to falling, the whole room turns with her; she has to sit down at once.
• Unbearable itching on the head; he has to scratch until it bleeds.
• Itching burning in the anus.
• Frequent sneezing.
• The nose is stopped up.
• Pain as from a sprain in the shoulder-joint, especially on raising up the arms.
• Burning in the arms and the fingers, and in the left elbow, as from a red-hot iron.
• During the siesta, when he is about to go to sleep while sitting, a jerk through head and limbs, like an electric shock, with stupefaction.
• She talked aloud in her sleep, laughed and wept.